The Buck Stops With You!
Let us get right to the point. The franchise model is a great business model.
You have the opportunity to be in business for yourself, but not by yourself. You can leverage all of the benefits offered by your franchisor as well as share challenges and opportunities with other franchisees.
But at the end of the day, you are still in business for yourself and your family.
Many of those work days also end with you in business by yourself too.
All alone with your own thoughts, worries and concerns.
We get it. You may have a great relationship with your franchisor. You may be able to pick up the phone anytime or get response to an email almost immediately.
In our experience, that great franchisor support only goes so far. If you are reading this page now, you most likely looking for more too!
Because even the best franchisor relationship has limits:
- Limits of time …
- Limits of knowledge …
- Limits of topics they just aren’t comfortable discussing with you and …
- Limits of topics you just aren’t comfortable discussing with them too! (like your business and personal worries and concerns)
What Could You Want to Discuss?
You may need to discuss the Fundamentals of Business:
- Marketing: effective online and promotion strategies and tactics
- Sales: prospecting to closing and everything in between
- People: how to attract and retain the right people
- Operations: efficiency and effectiveness
- Finance: planning (budgeting, bookkeeping, cash flow, forecasting, etc.)
You may need to discuss the Fundamentals of Leadership/Personal Development:
- How to actually BE (think, act, live) successful.
- Elevating your awareness of yourself and understanding why you think the way you do, act the way you act, and get the results you commonly get.
- Identify and find clarity in your strengths and weaknesses and learning to habitually leverage your strengths in your day to day business.
- Developing and elevating your commitments and holding yourself accountable to achieve your goals, honor your commitments and complete your essential tasks!
In our experience mentoring hundreds of franchisees, we’ve discovered the difference between success and failure is simply a lack of mastery of either the fundamentals of business or the fundamentals of leadership/personal development … or both!
What We Do in Mentoring Franchisees
We work on both the fundamentals of business and the fundamentals of leadership/personal development with each and every franchisee.
We teach you to master these fundamentals so they become habits.
Once the fundamentals are repeated over and over and over, bad habits are eliminated and good habits are adopted by franchisees, ensuring you are better equipped to run a successful business and achieve your goals!
How Our Franchisee Mentoring Works
Our initial program runs for 12 months with a rigorous approach to achieving your goals for franchisee development.
1 Setting Expectations
We begin every franchisee mentoring program by setting expectations. Our introductory call starts with an opportunity to get to know each other and begin to build a relationship based in trust.
We thoroughly explain our assessment process and provide additional material for the franchisee to review. We further describe our 12-month program and explain what they can expect to gain.
We wrap up this first session by sharing contact information and setting the schedule for our next steps.
2 Evaluation and Assessment
Our next step is to have you complete a detailed personal strengths evaluation as well as a business and personal assessment.
These evaluations enable us to gain a deep understanding of you as a person and your business, providing your Mentor with insights on the fundamentals that need the greatest attention.
3 Review and Action Planning
The last preparation step is a review of your Personal Strengths Evaluation and Business and Personal Assessments, followed by a discussion of action plans as you move forward in the mentoring process.
This approach allows us to mutually understand where you are in your personal and business lives and to agree on a course of action.
4 Mentoring Sessions
You will participate in five (5) Business Mentoring sessions and five (5) Leadership/Personal Development sessions during the 12 month program.
We will guide you in focusing on your strengths, addressing your weaknesses and effectively handling your opportunities and challenges more effectively as you develop habits in mastering the fundamentals.
We will guide you in establishing clear goals and holding yourself accountable for taking action to achieve your goals.
Each Mentoring Session is conducted through online meeting and is completed in one hour or less.
5 Mashup Sessions
Essentially, the Mash-up process accomplishes two things.
- It ensures that both the Business Mentor and the Leadership/Personal Development Mentor are working effectively with you. It is an opportunity to weave the business and the personal together.
- It makes you FEEL better – you gain confidence through someone truly understanding you and your situation and problems. These sessions provide a more holistic view of your business and you as a person.
There are two Mashup Sessions during the course of the 12-month program. Each Mashup session is conducted through online meeting and is completed in thirty minutes or less.
6 Accountability Sessions
Accountability Sessions are designed to review your performance on both your business and leadership/personal development goals.
These sessions are designed to ensure you are taking action on your planned activities as well as to ensure you are developing effective habits in mastering the fundamentals.
There are twelve Accountability Sessions during the course of the 12-month program which are conducted monthly. Each Accountability Session is conducted through online meeting and is completed in thirty minutes or less.
What We Believe
We believe that your franchise business is about as good as you are. As good as YOU are is as good as IT gets. The two share a relationship and they together find their own balance.
However, we are all taught in school and in life to focus on IT. In fact, we go to franchisor training school for IT. To learn it better. To run it better. To do it better. We are given and seek resources for it, technology for it and processes for IT.
But what no one has ever taught you is one very simple universal truth … the happiest, most successful franchise business owners work on themselves almost as much as they work on IT! They work on elevating themselves, raising their awareness, understanding why they think what they do, do what they do and consistently have the results they have.
Traditional franchise business owners have sought traditional coaches to help accomplish this and, most have focused either on YOU (a life, personal or leadership coach) or IT (a career, business or financial coach).
However, what we have learned through the years in helping thousands of business owners… that not only do they need a mentor(s) that can help them improve both but, most often the answer they seek, the “Aha” is found in the space between – the relationship between IT and YOU.
Why Us for Franchisee Mentoring
Why choose us as your mentor?
We keep your objectives top of mind and integrate those objectives into every mentoring program. If you need us to focus on more marketing or more effective sales practices, we will ensure we focus in those critical areas together.
We work both on the business and on the person. No business can be more than the business owner. Your knowledge, skills and behavior determine if your business has a low ceiling or if the sky is the limit.
In both areas (business and person), we implement accountability. You learn how to set effective goals and take action on the critical activities that lead to goal achievement, while ensuring you “own” both taking action and failing to take action. No excuses!
Why Choose MentorMash?
- You are no longer alone. You have a confidant and guide for your journey.
- You can move your business from red to black, faster and more consistently
- You can become more effective as a leader and communicator in your business
- You can develop yourself as a person and learn to enjoy your success more fully and deeply
Ready to learn more?
Complete the contact form below and we’ll schedule a free, no obligation consultation.