Let’s Start with the Fundamentals
Gentlemen. We are going to start with the fundamentals. This is a football.
Legendary Football Coach
Two new franchisees.
The first is intelligent. Good looking. Great personality. Well spoken. Eager and enthusiastic. Strong support from their family.
The second is … well, exactly the same. Smart. Sharp. Fun. Fired up. Loved by all.
Why does one succeed fabulously … and the other fail miserably?
Is It You?
Was there something you did differently with these two new franchisees?
- Did you miss something in the selection process?
- Did one miss a day of training?
- Did you work more with one?
Most likely, it’s not your fault. You gave each new franchisee the absolute best you had to offer.
But one still failed.
Why Did One Fail?
One of your new franchisees had something that the other did not. One of them had a mastery of the fundamentals. One of them didn’t.
What are those fundamentals?
Fundamentals of Business
- Marketing: effective online and promotion strategies and tactics
- Sales: prospecting to closing and everything in between
- People: how to attract and retain the right people
- Operations: efficiency and effectiveness
- Finance: planning (budgeting, bookkeeping, cash flow, forecasting, etc.)
Fundamentals of Leadership/Personal Development
- How to actually BE (think, act, live) successful.
- Elevating their awareness of themselves and helping them understand why they think the way they do, act the way they act, and get the results they commonly get.
- Identify and find clarity in their strengths and weaknesses. Teaching them to habitually leverage their strengths in the day to day business.
- Developing and elevating their commitments; and, keeping them accountable to all goals, commitments and tasks!
In our experience mentoring hundreds of franchisees, we’ve discovered the difference between success and failure is simply a lack of mastery of either the fundamentals of business or the fundamentals of leadership/personal development … or both!
What We Do in Mentoring Franchisees
We work on both the fundamentals of business and the fundamentals of leadership/personal development with each and every franchisee.
We teach them to master these fundamentals so they become habits.
Once the fundamentals are repeated over and over, bad habits are eliminated and good habits adopted, they are equipped to run a successful business and achieve both their goals and YOURS!